Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Defrauding the LCBO? Not smart!

LCBO , a new home for Karlson and O'mara's products in the future.  Photo by Rick Eglinton, Toronto Star.  

We've all been to the LCBO, some more than others (!) but we never imagined this kind of story.  Maybe someone steals a bottle - but $2.1 million?

With thanks to the Toronto Star


Francois Agostini has a story to tell. It’s a whopper of a yarn that runs the gamut from lavish lunches, flashy diamonds and Louis XIII cognac to a criminal investigation involving millions of dollars in stolen booze and cash, a fake Ukrainian diplomat and jealousy in a trailer park.   And it all ends in a federal penitentiary. 
 
Katie and I thought this story must be from the new-fiction review section, not the crime page.

Got a better story?  Let me know and I'll include it here if it's funny and at least partially true.    Drop me (Paul) a note at my kodistilling gmail.


No comments:

Post a Comment